A burn ban will go into effect Wednesday, June 5th. All open burning of brush and yard debris will be prohibited beyond this date.
Fires in compliant firepits will be allowed. To be a “compliant” firepit stipulates:
1. Only natural wood is burned; no rubbish, trash or building materials
2. A firepit ring made of non-combustible material that is no more than 36 inches in diameter and placed into the ground all the way down to mineral soil
3. All combustible materials within 18 inches of the firepit must be removed
4. The fire must be attended at all times by at least one person
5. A charged hose or other means to extinguish the fire must be present